I won't continue to play TESO. Zenimax asked me for reasons via mail. Here they are.
- Multiplayer combat is not very fun. Other players move too fast / use confusing, overloaded visuals. I never know what the others are currently doing, which mob they are fighting, usually I don't even know where they are.
- I get little feedback as to what I am doing. Did I hit my opponent hard? Did my heal actually make a difference? AoE heals that I cast on cooldown aren't a good system IMHO.
- Single player content is fun for a while but not worth the subscription. Dungeon layouts are the same far too often (always?).
- The story - especially the beginning - is ridiculous. I am the prisoner of an evil god and just walk out of his plane. Just like that. It's really anticlimatic. Gods I should face when I am level 100. Certainly not at level 1. Queens and kings should be interested in me when I am level 40, not at level 1. And so on.
- Too strong incentives to explore the world, which turns the exploration into achievement hunting. Who put all those treasure chests there anyway?? And lorewise skyshards are absurd, really!